How does Christian Aid spend its money?
We strongly believe that as much as possible of the money you give should go to the people who need it most. For example, out of every pound/euro we received in 2006/2007, we spent:
• 40 pence/cent on development programmes
• 30 pence/cent on emergencies
• 13 pence/cent on campaigning, education, advocacy
• 1 pence/cent on management and administration
• 16 pence/cent on fundraising
Funds are channelled into local community groups and church organisations in the countries where we work. These organisations – our partners – use the money to help people directly. We do not give money to governments or fund individuals.